my blog
http://sendablog2batx.blogspot.com

my blog 3 trim (last one)
http://senda2nblog3trim.blogspot.com

martes, 10 de marzo de 2009

personal observation about my 2nd oral presentation

Presentation:
My 2nd oral presentation with Laia of this term has been about landmarks of London near the river Thames, London's river. As Laia has said in her opinion, it has been funny because we had been able to recorder our oral presentation as a reportage in London, because we have explained someplaces in front of them.
Also, whe have done it ilke a TV programme, (Travel TV) a programme about places to visit in this case London. Laia and me are the presenters and also the reporters and it seems that we are communicated by television connexion. The reporters are in London, and we stay here talking with them. (with us..)
We have mixtured it with Movie Maker like a video to show it in class. Also, we have put pictures from places that we talk about because in the videos recordered there aren't many minutes dedicated to show the landmarks.

Body language and eye contact:
I think that is more relaxed do it in other place while you are recordering yourself because it's not the same presion that in class. It has been a different experience, nicer I think. I think that I express with my body and with my face expression and that I don't leave the eye contact with the cámera because I felt calm and happy and I think that is important to do a good explanation.


Structure:
I think that we have structured good our oral presentation because we did an introduction at first, and after we did the explanations of the places that we chose with the essential information. Also, we have structured it in the same order that places are next to the river if you walk around there from Tower Bridge until Big Ben. And at the end, we have introduced the explanations of the presenters to do the oral like a documentary.

Content:
We have learnt with the information that we researched at first and I thinkt that people has learnt it too because it's a new importamtion about the places that we talk about. Like the metaphora of the London Eye that wants to represent the change of the new millenium (XX to XXI) or the name of designers. I would belive that everbody has learnt something new about London like Laia and me.

Language:
I think that we've used known vocabulary but we had to check some words and sentences to make the oral vocabulary richer or more varied like pedestrian, landmark, drawbridge... and we have used relative pronouns to connect sentences. I think that we have used a understandable and comprehensible language.

Pronunciation & Intonation:
I know that my pronunciation isn't quite perfect but in this oral presentation, maybe because I was very relaxed, I have improve my intonation and pronunciation and it is reflected in the fluidity of my words. A problem in this oral is the noise of the city (cars, buses, people, the rain of the last day...) I think that my voice is more sound that Laia's one maybe because I shouted more or because I was closer to the camera. I think that I talk a quick but also I think that my explanation is comprehensible… but the one think that I'm sure that I have improve is my intonation and and the ability to hold attention with gestures, intonations, ties ... It's a question to improve all the skills that we can.

Self-Evaluation:
In general I think that is is a good oral presentation maybe because it is "in live" in the same place of the landmark that we are explaning, and because we could repeat the times that we needed since get the best and nice try. But always it is difficult to put a mark to oneself but I think that it hasn't been a bad oral, contrary, this oral works well, it's suitable. Maybe to get an eight and a half but I think that this is to wish too.

No hay comentarios: